- We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water, and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable
- SCS Roofing Services Ltd is committed to a policy that will lead to a minimising of this adverse impact by utilising the following general principles
- Continual improvement in its environmental performance
- Preventing pollution
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the roofing industry.
It is the policy of SCS Roofing Services Ltd to:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimizing waste, and recycling where possible
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified
- Keep transport use to a minimum. Share vehicles where appropriate
- Regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency on fuel usage and to reduce exhaust emissions
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation. Try to organise single deliveries if practicable
- We shall endeavour to re use redundant A4 paper in printers and photocopiers where the reverse side is blank
- We shall endeavour to recycle through appropriate facilities all paper, cardboard, glass, tin and other waste
- We shall endeavour to only purchase photocopier and printer cartridges that can be re used
SCS Roofing will review this policy on annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation and other factors.
We will communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues.
SCS Roofing Services Ltd will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public.